GO FIGURE!

A brief diversion, figuratively speaking...



Yesterday, the Postie delivered a package crammed full of exciting military figure kits from Master Box, in a variety of scales. I've been planning a bit of figure modelling for a while, hoping it will improve my painting and weathering, especially using manual techniques (as opposed to airbrush work). I've also been yearning to work on an equine subject or two, partly due to my love of the real things, but also because I remember my Dad building and painting some exquisite Napoleonic cavalry figures when I was a kid, so it's about time that I had a go too!

But, while I await some spare time for my horsey/cavalry dalliances, I've come up with an idea for one of the 1:35 scale WWI 'Tommies'. Given that 2016 is the centenary of the Battle of the Somme, some form of memorial was devised. Look out for further progress soon...


Comments

Popular Posts