HORNBY MPD PROGRESS

Etched windows arrive and assembly begins


Back in April, I mentioned that I was starting work on the humble Hornby Motive Power Depot plastic kit, a OO gauge model that has been around since the 1980s. After ruminating on how the basic kit parts could be improved, I eventually commissioned Peter Harvey at PH Designs to make me set of etched brass frames, rendered to slot directly into the kit's apertures. Having just received the etches, I've tried them out for fit (perfect!) and the kit can now be built up.

The plastic parts are designed to be a snap-together assembly, but I want something a bit sturdier and permanent, so I'll be gluing it together and filling in some of the big holes before adding gutters, etc. Then, it'll be a matter of recreating a convincing textured concrete finish to the walls.

Watch this space...!

Comments

Popular Posts