NIGHT FERRY TO... ALEXANDRIA Part 2


Started way back in the depths of last winter, this Model Rail/MARC Models SNCF Night Ferry van kit has been waiting patiently to receive its chassis. With a spare hour or two over the weekend, I managed to get the brass and whitemetal bits soldered together and wheeled-up.  As mentioned in previous Blog posts, this van has been built for my fictional wartime Western Desert Railway layout project, so has been modified slightly, hence why the body is wearing a dirty shade of khaki brown.

There's still quite a bit to do, with extra underframe details needed before final painting and lettering takes place. Although these kits are no longer available, they're great fun to build and I'm glad that I've one more in stock for future use, as well as one of the SR Reach Wagons which I'm also thinking of converting into something appropriate for use in the Egyptian desert...!

Comments

Popular Posts