OO9 PROGRESS

Thursday nights, for people of a certain age, will be forever associated with Dad's payday, Mars Bars, Top of the Pops and Mission: Impossible. Now I'm a grown up - without a TV -  spare Thursday evenings are usually taken up with an hour or two's work on some of my 'pet' modelling projects.

Tonight, my little OO9 narrow gauge train (laser-cut plastic kits from York Modelmaking) has received some attention, with the loco now mounted onto its motor/chassis and a few fine details added to the cab ends. Once the roof joint has cured, I'll be adding handrails and other bits to the sides, which will take away the 'boxy' nature of the kit. The top of the boiler needs one or two fittings, plus a chimney, safety valves and whistle. After that, the mini threesome can enter the paint shops, although I haven't settled on a livery for the loco yet.


Couplings have been added to the freight cars, making use of some 'N' gauge buckeyes from MicroTrains.



The power unit: a chassis from a Farish 'J94' 0-6-0ST. The body has now been mounted, but I need to insert a few shims to get it riding at the correct height in relation to the wagons.

Comments

Popular Posts