HATTONS/HELJAN CLASS 14 ON TEST

Heljan's new Class 14 14029 (D9529) in post-preservation BR blue

Being the official ‘Man in the North’ for Model Rail magazine, I hot-footed it over to Hatton's this morning to pick up a review sample of their exciting new ‘OO’ gauge limited edition Class 14 diesel hydraulic, produced in association with Heljan.

I’ve been watching progress of this model for some time as I’m seriously tempted to treat myself to either a BR Green or NCB blue version. After a train ride into Lime Street and a cab to Allerton Road, I met a jolly nice young chap at the Hatton's store who brandished the magic blue cardboard box. After relieving myself of a few notes of the Queen’s currency (a bag full of late BR-era Bachmann wagons), I mooched down to Auberge cafe for a late breakfast and a good look at the new model.

With press day on Thursday, my review of this model will be just in time for the March issue (out Feb 25). I shan’t give too much away here, other than the fact that it's a peach!




Maude takes a close look at that impressive chassis

Comments

Popular Posts